Eglise de Lachapelle
Eglise de Lachapelle

Church and altar of Larrazet

Village
82500 LARRAZET
Tél. 05 63 20 70 94
E-mail
Lat : 43.930901
Long :   1.082095

Presentation

In the sixteenth century Johan Cardailhac, abbot Belleperche, ordered the construction of a church, flanked by a majestic hexagonal tower and a massive stone bridge.

In 1686, the village priest ordered the construction of an altarpiece that replaces a polychrome decoration on the back wall of the nave. On an imposing structure of solid oak 60sqm area, a family of sculptors, a father and his three son will strive to give life to a surprising project.

Comprised of sculptures without direct castings due to the skill of the wrist, know-how patient and obstinate these four artisans, the altarpiece offer us their world view, their interpretation of biblical stories, the boundary between the profane and the sacred.

Hours
• Open: daily from 9am to 18pm
• Free

Language(s) : FR

Facilities and services

  • Car park

Prices

Prices

  • Entrée libre gratuite0 €