In the sixteenth century Johan Cardailhac, abbot Belleperche, ordered the construction of a church, flanked by a majestic hexagonal tower and a massive stone bridge.
In 1686, the village priest ordered the construction of an altarpiece that replaces a polychrome decoration on the back wall of the nave.
On an imposing structure of solid oak 60sqm area, a family of sculptors, a father and his three son will strive to give life to a surprising project.
Comprised of sculptures without direct castings due to the skill of the wrist, know-how patient and obstinate these four artisans, the altarpiece offer us their world view, their interpretation of biblical stories, the boundary between the profane and the sacred.
All year round, daily between 9 am and 6 pm.
Prices & payment
Free of charge.