Bastide de l’Abbaye Belleperche, Larrazet, founded around 1253-1254, received the fourteenth century fortifications.
For strategic reasons, the southeast corner was occupied by a fortified house abbey.
The first construction, some elements remain, was replaced in 1500 by the present castle, once more massive high tower crowned with turrets.
The changes it has undergone spared exceptional staircase, absolutely new at the time, a decorated himself scarce flamboyant style in the region.
The church of 1530 contains the huge altar erected in 1686-1687 by the workshop of Bor brothers, sculptors Lauragais (12 x 8 m).
Representative of monumental decorations established in larger churches of the South in the late seventeenth century, which implies here a rich and major sponsor, it uses plaster to mimic the white marble.
The dramatic effect is thus provided at a lower cost, and the exuberance tempered by a rigorous composition forms premium quality detail.
In this award winning floral village on many occasions, Flower Show taking place for several years on the second Sunday of May, finding success.
All year round, daily.
Prices & payment
Free of charge.